Hunt Personnel / Temporarily Yours respects the privacy of our employees, the privacy of our suppliers and the privacy of our clients in all aspect of our business operations.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a job seeker using HP/TY’s services, you are asked to provide certain pieces of information in order for us to provide you with the best possible service. In addition to your contact details, your resumé, and a description of the type of work you are looking for, your file may include the following:
- Our interview notes.
- Information obtained through reference and background checks.
- Education records.
- Reference letters.
- Skill testing results.
For temporary staffing arrangements, HP/TY also requires the following:
- Information required to provide payroll services, including banking details, tax deductions and vacation allowances.
- Information about you and your beneficiaries, as required, to enroll in our benefits packages.
USE OF INFORMATION
HP/TY uses your personal information to:
- Understand your qualifications, needs and preferences.
- Find the best job opportunities for you that will give you the job satisfaction you are looking for.
- Fulfill our clients’ requests for information about job candidates.
- Provide you with appropriate training or career transition services.
- Assess and develop our business and operations to better service job seekers and our clients.
- Provide payroll and other HR functions to you, for temporary staffing arrangements.
HP/TY never collects more personal information than is needed to fulfill these purposes, unless requested by the client and consented to by the job seeker.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will never be traded, sold or leased by HP/TY to any external companies without first obtaining your written consent. Your information is only disclosed for HP/TY’s legitimate business purposes or as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements, for example to comply with a court order.
In the normal course of business privacy, HP/TY will disclose your personal information to its clients when it feels there is a potential for job placement. As a job seeker, you are relying on us to share such information. HP/TY will only provide your information to employers if there is a job opening that is well-suited for you, and we will only provide information required and requested to make an informed decision regarding a job candidate.
We may share information with our affiliates, partners, contractors or other companies (collectively “representatives”) that we use to provide full staffing services. However, we only disclose limited information as required for the function that will be performed by the representative on our behalf. We also ensure that every contract we enter into with a representative clearly outlines the representative’s obligation to protect your personal information and live up to the principles of privacy.
- Examples of companies HP/TY shares your limited personal information with include:
- Organizations that perform background checks including criminal, educational and credit checks as required by the client.
- An outsourced payroll service provider, for temporary staffing arrangements.
- Employee testing centers.
Wherever possible and when necessary, HP/TY obtains your express consent for particular uses and disclosures. For example, we obtain your express, written consent before releasing your information to a third party who provides background checks on potential employees.
HP/TY implies your consent if we feel we are using your personal information for purposes that are obvious to you. For example, if you list the names and phone numbers of your previous employers on your resumé for reference checking purposes, we will not seek your express consent before checking these references.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your information as long as you are using our placement services, or longer if required by law. For temporary workers, that means we retain all your information as long as you remain on our payroll, and for one year thereafter. For permanent placements, we retain your information for one year after you accept a permanent employment position.
We have staff procedures and policies in place to ensure that your personal information, in both paper and electronic format, are secure. HP/TY protects the personal information given through various security practices and measures. For example, we require the following:
- HP/TY employees carry security cards to enter the premises, and all others are required to sign in and be escorted.
- Filing cabinets remain locked at all times.
- Access to electronic and paper files is limited on a need-to-know basis depending on job function.
- Password selection criteria and expiry make unauthorized access more difficult.
- Staff training on the importance of privacy and security is undertaken regularly.
Through our website, you can ask questions about our services, and provide information about yourself, such as your resumé using the email option. If you provide personal information to us via unencrypted e-mail you should be aware of the inherent risks of interception over which we have no control.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND ACCURACY
HP/TY relies on the information provided by you, as well as third parties such as those providing references, educational institutions or those conducting background checks. You may at any time make a written request for access to your personal information and we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we have on file.
HP/TY strives to maintain accurate records of your personal information, however, this cannot be achieved without your help. In this ongoing effort, we ask you to provide us with your most up to date information. Write to the address below and let us know of any personal information you have given us in the past that is incomplete, inaccurate, or no longer relevant. It will be our pleasure to make appropriate modifications.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
HP/TY takes full responsibility for the management and privacy of the personal information it collects. If you have any concerns about this policy, or feel that HP/TY is not abiding by it, please contact us.
Please be sure to visit these privacy guidelines as they may change from time to time.