One of BC’s Top Employers (12 times over!) is seeking analytical problem-solvers to join their team. There are two exciting and unique openings for Senior Policy Analysts, one as a full-time permanent position and the other an an 18-month contract.
As a Senior Policy Analyst, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the policies that impact business and regulatory operations, as well as the business’s relationship with external stakeholders. Your research, analysis and recommendations will be instrumental in driving positive change and ensuring the business policies align with industry and government priorities.
This organization is looking for candidates to hit the ground running ASAP, with the choice of working out of either their Burnaby or Victoria offices.
- Analyze and identify issues related to business objectives, including social, economic, legal, and political aspects; recommend strategic policy options
- Provide advice on legislation, regulations, and policy to senior management and government officials
- Lead stakeholder consultations to define policies and priorities, identify preferences and reconcile conflicts
- Lead policy reviews, assess existing policies and suggest improvements
- Identify and address significant policy issues, advise executives, and provide recommendations
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and experts to develop policies supporting business and regulatory operations
- In collaboration with the finance department, conduct cost-benefit analyses in areas with potential financial commitments
- Research, write, and develop policies, guidelines, presentations, briefs, and government submissions
- Represent the business in strategic policy committees within and outside the ministry
- Deliver presentations on policies and emerging issues to executives and stakeholders
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Minimum 2 years of senior-level policy analyst experience supplemented by a degree or diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, Economics, Social Sciences or related field, or
- Minimum 3 years of senior-level policy analyst experience supplemented by related educational courses and training
- Must have experience leading, planning, coordinating and managing complex policy projects and work assignments
- Must have experience drafting briefing notes and/or other written materials to support decision-making by executives and/or elected officials
- Minimum 6 months experience in a government position is required
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining accuracy to meet competing deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently but also function effectively when working as a part of a team
- Background check required
- Ability to travel overnight within BC is a must