Join a team of dedicated and committed professionals as their new senior Compensation Consultant! This vibrant and inclusive organization devotes its time to creating and sustaining the best quality of life for local communities. They offer purposeful and rewarding career opportunities for their employees and promote healthy living and work-life balance through a variety of programs and resources. They also offer Rostered Days Off and a flexible hybrid working model!
As the Compensation Consultant, you will provide a wide range of compensation, organization/job design and related services. Through analysis of policies and procedures, you will provide specialized expertise and advice to management and employees. You will assist with the reviewal of programs and policies and use your sound knowledge to provide recommendations for improvements.
If you are an experienced HR professional, ideally with exposure to the public sector, collective agreements and multi-bargaining units, then this role might be perfect for you.
- Conduct research and analysis pertaining to job evaluation, compensation surveys and market reviews
- Prepare and evaluate exempt and bargaining unit class specifications, make recommendations and address any issues
- Provide guidance on the interpretation of related policies and procedures
- Review operational and program activities related to compensation, make recommendations
- Maintain all relevant electronic and physical records
- Oversee and mentor compensation staff
- Other duties related to HR functions and initiatives
- Post-secondary degree in HR and a minimum 5 years’ experience in HR with a focus on compensation
- Must have organizational design and job design/evaluation experience
- CPHR or CCP designation is preferred
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative approach to work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle competing priorities while remaining highly organized and accurate
- Advanced computer software skills, SAP is experience is a benefit
- Proof of vaccinations required