This is a newly-created position with a professional association that advocates for healthy public policy and excellence in healthcare and there is the option to work remotely.
As the Program Analyst, you will be working with a small, close-knit team and take responsibility for examining the efficiency of existing policies and programs and identifying the changes needed to meet program objectives and goals. The role will also include analyzing financial and evaluation measures for all aspects of the organization’s portfolio.
Expected start date is in the early New Year. Candidates must be willing to work in a virtual environment with occasional in-person meetings as required.
Please note that applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from this employer will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. This employer will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to disability or other protected grounds under the Human Rights Code.
Administration and Analysis
- Responsible for examining data to determine efficiency and effectiveness of existing policies and programs.
- Review and identify changes to program delivery related to policies and processes, program monitoring/evaluation and/or financials necessary to meet program targets/deliverables.
- Provide input to all initiatives within the portfolio.
- Identify required policies or processes to facilitate implementation of changes, when necessary, to meet program deliverables.
- Supports the overall program by taking initiative and advising on program direction based on analysis of policy, process, financial and evaluation criteria
- Provide analysis and recommendations to leadership as required.
- Cultivates and maintains strong external partnerships with the Ministry of Health and other key stakeholders through consistent contact and timely follow through.
- Acts as the contact person and liaison as appropriate, ensuring the organization is represented in a professional manner.
- Ability to create and work within a psychologically safe team environment and provide direction for changes to process or policy with team members
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent experience in public administration, policy analyst or other similar roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of research methodologies, data collection, and data analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with program analysis and evaluation with a quality improvement and quality assurance lens.
- Demonstrated ability to write professional documents, technical reports, and program documents.
- Experience with Ministry/government relations, understanding of political landscape.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural safety, sensitivity, and humility, when working with Indigenous peoples and communities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Primary Care Networks and Ministry of Health primary care transformation strategy an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative research.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with the ability to use spreadsheets, graphing, tables, calculations, and automation efficiently to process large quantities of data relevant to business tasks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, SharePoint, Zoom
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to build partnerships effectively and respectfully.
- Maintains a passion for exceptional client experience.
- Willingness to travel for in-person team meetings/events.