Are you looking to join a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and establish an exciting career? Then check out this full-time opening in Richmond!
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of 7 supervisors, ultimately ensuring the success of day-to-day production operations while reducing waste and increasing productivity. Responsibilities include physical plant up-keep, production, support to quality control, aid in the planning of maintenance issues, cross over with shipping, scheduling, and any capital improvements.
If you’re seeking an employer that values your input and where your work makes a tangible difference then apply today!
- Provide ongoing leadership, support and guide Supervisors with day and night operations
- Work with quality team to review product consistency to identify trends and areas of improvement
- Ensure inventory levels are met by assessing production schedules
- Assist with hiring and training of manufacturing staff, provide continuous coaching and conduct performance evaluations
- Allocate resources and personnel to streamline production
- Consistent analysis of production operations to identify areas of improvement
- Manage the union workforce relationship, assist HR with grievance negotiations as needed
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment some of which must be in the plastics industry
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Union experience is required including experience solving grievances
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Teams)
- Working knowledge and strong understanding of continuous improvement/lean tools such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing and GMP’s
- Fantastic communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with stakeholders of all levels
- Driver’s License and access to a vehicle are required