We are currently seeking a Payroll Coordinator to support the day-to-day activities within payroll and HR departments in this very dynamic company with a supportive management team and lots of super perks! The position will provide efficient transactional support to the payroll & HR team, including, but not limited to support in the areas of HR administration, payroll functions, benefits plan administration, as well as contributing to special projects. Reports to the Manager of Accounting & HR.
This position will follow a hybrid work schedule with some days in the office and some days remotely at home.
If you are the kind of person who takes initiative, has a positive attitude, and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you!
- Use accuracy and attention to detail to complete and process semi-monthly payroll in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of payroll related fillings: year-end T4s, WCB filings, and payroll remittances
- Provide administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources team
- Draft offer letters, employment contracts, employment letters as needed.
- Interface and coordinate with HR to ensure administration accuracy of the pension and benefit plans and premiums and payroll and conformance to corporate policies and outside regulatory bodies
- Create, maintain, and edit templates, HR Forms, and other HR documents
- Maintain confidential files, records and databases related to Human Resources
- Facilitate on-boarding and orientation for new hires to ensure seamless integration to the team
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Prepare and submit ROEs, provide statistics and forecasts as required
- 1-2 years of proven experience as an HR/payroll coordinator/assistant or relevant human resources/administrative or payroll-based position
- Effective problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and competing demands
- Certificate/Diploma in Human Resource Management or in equivalent discipline.
- Knowledge of human resources processes
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities
- Strong ability in using MS Office tools.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail, prioritize assignments, meet deadlines, multi-task.
- CPHR/Payroll Certification or in progress is an asset