Picture this – your office is in a beautiful heritage building with mountain views, you work for a progressive employer that has implemented awesome policies that directly benefit your well-being, and the company offers a supportive work environment and all the tools you need to help you thrive professionally and personally. Now stop imagining and make it a reality with this fantastic downtown Vancouver opening!
A local law firm is on the hunt for a well-rounded professional to become a member of its reputable team. Working closely with the lawyers, the Office Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the office and will supervise a team of Assistants. This is a multifaceted and engaging position that supports across an array of areas including Human Resources, IT and general administration.
- Assist with developing and distributing marketing materials including newsletters, bulletins and making website updates
- Coordinate the logistics of seminars and workshops
- Oversee and update various paperwork pertaining to the office space including leases and insurance
- Liaise with the IT vendor to organize computer, equipment and software maintenance
- Onboard and offboard staff, conduct annual reviews and administer benefits
- Execute and coordinate various projects as needed
- Minimum 3 years of office management experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment
- Completion of post-secondary education, Human Resources education is an asset
- Proven leadership and people-management abilities
- Fabulous interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook), working knowledge of law firm software (Soluno, Worldox or DocsCorps) is an asset
- Great problem-solving skills and highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to juggle competing priorities