An internal promotion has created an opening with one of Vancouver’s best known law firms!
This role will be an LAA for the Labour & Employment group. The current team is a 2:1 as the Partner is the Chair of a partnership board. You will provide legal administrative support to the Partner and handle executive assistant duties as well.
Our ideal candidate is a confident, organized and tech-savvy individual, and comfortable with micromanaging all of the little details! This is a great opportunity for someone who wants more responsibility and the chance to get involved with partnership board activities.
This is an urgent role to be filled ASAP! The current individual who has been promoted into a different area will be available to assist with the transition.
- Extensive calendar management; must be proactive in reminding the partner of upcoming deadlines, bills, meetings, etc.
- Monitoring email
- Preparing confidential correspondence
- Arranging meetings
- Assisting with billings
- Taking an active role in taking care of the clients
- Current Legal Administrative Assistant experience in litigation
- Preference given to those applicants with L&E law experience or Commercial litigation (ICBC litigation experience will not be considered)
- Experience with going before a Board (Human Rights, Tribunal, Gas, etc.) would be a definite asset
- Fast, accurate keyboarding and advanced MS Office Suite skills
- Professional and confident communication skills and an excellent phone manner
- Strong follow-through skills and the ability to stay on top of things, demonstrated initiative and a proactive attitude
- Must be willing to work overtime (compensated)