Are you a self-motivated and driven LAA or Paralegal seeking an opportunity to excel within a prestigious law firm that’s dedicated to nurturing your professional growth? If so, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Join a thriving litigation group at one of the Fraser Valley’s premier firms, where you’ll be an integral part of a passionate team consisting of over 30 accomplished lawyers and 70 outstanding support professionals. At this firm, they take immense pride in their unwavering commitment to the community and their harmonious workplace environment.
They offer a hybrid work model and their office is located in an ideal commuter location, just steps away from a convenient Skytrain station.
- Draft legal documents (correspondence, pleadings, affidavits, etc.)
- Schedule appointments, hearings, trials, and meetings
- Create various legal documents (orders, notices, financial disclosures, etc.) and handle post-judgment paperwork
- Manage lawyers’ schedules, task lists, and systems
- Communicate with clients and opposing parties for information gathering and updates
- File management for clients with extensive records
- Administer client files, including opening, scanning, electronic filing, billing, and closing
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant or
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Paralegal specializing in family law
- LAA certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution is required, Paralegal certificate is an asset
- Familiarity and working knowledge of law office computing systems (Divorcemate), including MS Office applications and document management software (Worldox)
- Unmatched organization skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks while working to tight deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in a high-pressure environment
- Keen attention to detail and fantastic verbal and written communication skills