Large law firm in downtown Vancouver is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant. They are looking for individuals with experience in either corporate or litigation law for this floater spot.
The position is responsible for providing legal and administrative support to teams in all practice areas. They will provide cover for desks during short and longer term absences, and for overflow work. Duties include managing client and file information, maintaining organization systems to manage document flow, client contacts, drafting and filing documents, as well as billing and administrative tasks.
- Understand individual requirements of a desk and expectations of teamed lawyers in order to provide quality coverage in the absence of the teamed assistant.
- Meet with and follow instructions of the assistant with respect to specific requirements of the desk.
- Produce documents including typing, revising, creating blacklines and/or multiple versions of daily correspondence and/or practice specific documents (such as court documents or agreements).
- Maintain established filing and bring forward systems which may be in either manual or electronic form.
- Interact professionally with clients, opposing counsel, experts and other relevant stakeholders via telephone and written communications.
- Coordinate parties, schedule and organize various meetings.
- Enter timesheets and coordinate the billing cycle.
- Complete electronic and/or manual filing.
- Perform various administrative tasks including conflict checks and opening and closing of files.
- Three to five years’ corporate and/or litigation experience.
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office and excellent keyboarding
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to effectively manage a high volume of work, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Meticulously detail oriented — excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Solid dictation skills.
- Ability to take initiative and think ahead.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime.
- Willingness to learn other areas of law.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- Vaccinations required.