We have a newly-created, full-time, permanent position for an enthusiastic junior Legal Assistant to be a part of a team made up of Partners, Associates, Paralegals and a LAA. This intellectual property boutique firm in downtown Vancouver is committed to facilitating both personal and professional growth and this would be a great opportunity for a junior to develop your administrative skills while working in a collaborative team environment!
- Reviewing and processing incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Preparing and drafting documents and correspondence
- Managing deadlines, billing and general administrative duties
- Assisting with the management of patent and trademark portfolios
- Retrieving patent and trademark records and information from official databases
- Assisting with the preparation of client invoices.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a law firm environment, preferably within Intellectual Property
- Professional legal administrative assistant certification
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and client service skills
- Thorough, conscientious with strong proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to adapt to new and innovative technologies to improve efficiencies
- Knowledge of docketing and document management systems would be an asset