Intellectual property law firm located in downtown Vancouver has an opening for an IP Docketing Clerk. This is a dynamic, team-oriented firm that maintains a professional and well-balanced working environment.
As an IP Docketing Clerk, you will assist the IP Docketing Department in areas such as reviewing incoming/outgoing correspondence, updating and managing electronic files on the firm’s document management system, as well as the creation of new matters, among other responsibilities. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are adept multitasking and prioritizing then we want to hear from you!
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Ensuring the information/deadlines are appropriately added to the firm’s docketing software and other corresponding software systems
- Electronic file maintenance
- Managing the creation and updating of new matters, including establishment of appropriate file types, family relations between applicants, and generation of relevant deadlines
- Preparing reports for legal teams, updating the firm’s docket system when necessary.
- Management of closed files
- Other related duties as required
- 1 year experience in a law firm or professional services environment an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Computer proficiency – Word, Excel, Outlook, docketing software and other internal firm database systems
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently