Are you a tech-savvy, team player looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic, innovative, and technology-driven environment with an engaging and supportive work culture? We are recruiting for a fantastic full-time, permanent position with the Head Office of a leading development and construction company that enjoys an outstanding reputation for award-winning projects and facilities.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with the operations and finance team to best support the business, ensuring efficient project delivery, management and control. You will be accountable for all aspects of project/cost accounting and will work proactively to deliver solutions and top-tier service to the business.
This organization offers a hybrid work model and flexible hours, and the days you are in their Surrey office, you will enjoy their awesome rooftop patio with stunning mountain views, access to 24/7 on-site fitness facilities where they hold weekly fitness classes, as well as unlimited office snacks and coffee.
- Manage project/cost accounting tasks, including setup, document control, and financial analysis
- Process invoices for various projects, ensuring accuracy and contract compliance
- Assist Project Managers with AR collection and client issue resolution
- Support Project Management and Site Operations by creating purchase orders and monthly forecasts
- Assist in preparing monthly financial reports, including statements and supporting documents
- Aid in preparing year-end audit working papers for external auditors
- Conduct monthly financial reconciliation
- Handle GST/QST returns, bank reconciliations, and journal entries
- Provide support for Accounts Payable tasks as needed
- Minimum 4-6 years of accounting experience, some of which must have taken place in the construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA or working towards the designation is a huge asset
- Computer proficiency with Excel and accounting software (Acumatica and Procore are an asset), experience with Viewpoint is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and precision in financial data management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills