Our client in West Vancouver has a new full-time role for an experienced, efficient and personable Administrative Assistant to provide support to the management team of a very busy membership association. You will work under minimal supervision and have the opportunity to exercise considerable independence of judgment and action in performing your daily administrative duties.
- Answering the phones and responding to inquiries
- Arranging meetings including the Annual General Meeting
- Preparing and distributing material, including notices of meetings, general and confidential correspondence
- Delivery/receipt of mail
- Electronic and paper file maintenance
- Coordinating special functions as determined by the Executive team
- Maintaining a membership database and preparing reports using MS Access
- Assembly and distribution of the Association’s newsletters throughout the year
- Preparing invoices
- Assist with a variety of accounting-related duties such as preparing payroll cheques, assisting the Treasurer with queries, preparing annual audit/financial review packages, etc.
- Administering scholarship programs
- Updating and maintaining the office manual
- Maintaining frequent contacts with senior management and other professionals
- Taking, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings, as required
- Maintaining inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Grade XII or equivalent, including formal clerical skills and a minimum keyboarding speed 60 wpm. Shorthand an asset.
- Minimum five years’ experience with diverse administrative background.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes at meetings.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office software applications, as well as familiarity with accounting software, e.g. QuickBooks.
- Superior clerical aptitude and ability to work under pressure.
- Valid BC Driver’s license (car an asset)
- A background in any of the following would be a definite asset: Collective Agreements, Legal, Municipal Government, School Board regulations