Join an Indigenous community with offices in Langley to help create a better world for future generations. Unity is a key aspect of the work that happens within this community, and this is evident in the long tenure of its employees. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the promotion of this First Nations’ culture and economic well-being. Together, you will work towards a brighter future for all!
Reporting to the Manager of Housing, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Housing Department. This includes clerical, customer service and record-keeping duties. This is a full-time, permanent position that requires a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Respond to housing-related inquiries via phone, email and in person
- Maintain housing records and filing systems
- Perform data entry on items such as purchase and work orders, rent arrears, and inspection reports
- Prepare, photocopy, file and distribute various documents, correspondence, notices and reports
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- General office upkeep including ordering office supplies and coordinating with contractors
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years of office experience
- A diploma in Office Administration or a related field
- Knowledge of fixed income sources, policies and rules, as well as BC Building Code and Property Maintenance
- Excellent computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Customer service-oriented approach with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required