If you have 2 years of A/P or accounting-related experience and would love the chance to work in a beautiful and very professional environment, we have a great f/t spot for you with one of Vancouver’s leading law firms!
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for accurately processing vendor invoices, cost recovery transactions and expense reports in a timely manner. You will work with the lawyers, legal assistants and third party vendors to ensure timely processing of payments and resolving invoice and/or payment related issues.
There may be some flexibility in this role for you to work from home 2 days a week, once you are fully trained. However, their offices are so beautiful and they treat their staff so well, you may want to be there every day!
- Ensure all vendor invoices and expense reports are accurately processed and recorded within an appropriate timeframe with the appropriate approvals.
- Produce cost recovery transactions that are accurately processed and reconciled and exceptions are resolved in a timely manner.
- Process timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Maintain and update vendor records within an appropriate timeframe.
- Investigate and respond to inquiries received from internal and external Business Partners within the outlined timeframe.
- Perform ad-hoc duties as needed.
- A minimum of two years’ accounts payable or accounting related experience. Professional services background considered an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong working knowledge of ELITE highly desirable.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- A strong service orientation.
- A positive and willing attitude.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate (both oral and written) in a professional, mature and courteous manner.
- The ability to work well independently and in a team setting.