Are you passionate about accounts payables and looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic, innovative, and technology-driven environment with an engaging and supportive work culture? We are recruiting for a fantastic full-time, permanent position with the Head Office of a leading development and construction company that enjoys an outstanding reputation for award-winning projects and facilities.
In this role, you will take ownership of the entire accounts payable process including accurate and timely payments to vendors, collaborating closely with project managers for approval coordinator, and driving process improvements to enhance efficiency. This is a key role that requires a strong background in accounts payable, including supervisory experience for overseeing another AP team member.
This organization offers flexible hours and you will get to enjoy their awesome rooftop patio with stunning mountain views, access to 24/7 on-site fitness facilities where they hold weekly fitness classes, as well as unlimited office snacks and coffee.
- Own end-to-end accounts payable process
- Manage the accounts payable inbox as well as high-volume data entry
- Allocate tasks and oversee an accounts payable team member
- Process vendor payments and resolve any issues
- Optimize vendor terms with procurement
- Facilitate project expense approvals
- Improve accounts payable processes and systems
- Assist with audit preparations
- Generate accounting reports
- 10-12 years of accounts payable experience, preferably in a construction environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is an asset
- Experience supervising or leading a team, with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop direct reports
- Proficiency in accounting software (Acumatica is a benefit) and intermediate Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized with exceptional time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills