A seasoned Purchasing Manager is needed to take on this newly created position with a fantastic family-oriented business in Burnaby. This is a Great Place to Work and no, we aren’t just saying that for the sake of it: it’s actually certified! With many large projects on the horizon, it’s an exciting time to join this growing team.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the company’s purchasing activities, and will play an integral role in developing and implementing purchasing policies. They are seeking a collaborative and solution-focused team player with a personable attitude that will fit well within their friendly working environment.
If you land this role and love the work, then the company is open to making this a remote role.
- Ensure materials are technically compliant and that their delivery schedules allow the company to meet project commitments
- Monitor, maintain, negotiate and ensure compliance with vendor agreements
- Evaluate costs and quality of goods/services, manage purchasing budgets
- Identify new business opportunities and source new material and equipment suppliers
- Assist with the development of specifications for equipment, products and substitute materials
- Manage the supplier rebate program
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Assist with day-to-day pricing and procurement of commodities for all projects as needed
- Ongoing maintenance of material pricing database
- Oversee the development and training for the company’s procurement system
- 5-10 years of experience as a Purchasing Agent which must include some leadership experience
- Completion of post-secondary education/training in purchasing or related field
- Experience in the electrical and/or construction industry is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards is required
- First-class communication and interpersonal skills for working with individuals at all levels
- Proven risk management and negotiation abilities