Our client is a leader in their industry and they have a newly-created opening for a Project Accountant to join their North Vancouver team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will work alongside project teams to provide accounting and billing support to promote the success of company projects and ultimately contribute to the businesses high quality, impactful and ethical work.
They are seeking a technically strong and highly organized candidate who has project accounting experience (preferably 3+ years) and is comfortable reading and applying contracts. If you tick these boxes then apply ASAP because they want you now!
There is also the possibility for the successful candidate to work out of their New Westminster office after 3-4 months of employment, but initial employment will be located in North Vancouver, so accessibility to this area is a must.
- Manage project portfolio by working with project managers and teams, provide support of internal and external reporting requirements
- Assemble client billing packages
- Maintain project information throughout duration of project
- Monthly project portfolio reviews
- Provide reports and analysis where required
- Support with the utilization and navigation of ERP system
- General corporate accounting functions and reporting duties as needed
- Minimum 3 years’ accounting experience, some of which must have been in the project field
- CPA or pursuit of CPA preferred
- Degree or diploma in finance or accounting
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads in fast paced environment
- Sound understanding of MS Excel and accounting software
- Previous experience with ERP’s