Are you a self-motivated and energetic Paralegal looking to work with an established law firm that will support the development of your skillset? Then keep reading!
Our client is one of the Fraser Valley’s largest firms, boasting a team of more than 25 talented lawyers and 60 excellent support staff. They pride themselves on their commitment to the community and their collegial workplace and want people who value a culture and management style that fosters respect while rewarding individual responsibility, initiative and creativity and providing opportunities for further development. They are in a great commuter location, steps away from a Skytrain station.
- Manage and administer client files
- Prepare correspondence for Chartered Banks and Credit Union files for various types of transactions (such as commercial properties and financing)
- Conduct BC Online searches
- File documents in Land Title Office
- Stay updated on file progress by liaising with lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants
- Complete payouts and prepare internal documents related to trust transactions/trust account documentation
- Maintain important dates on calendars, as well as other administrative duties as needed
- 5+ years’ experience as a Paralegal
- Paralegal certification from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Familiarity and working knowledge of law office computing systems including MS Office programs, Worldox, BC Online, HotDocs & ESILaw 360
- Unmatched organization skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks while working to tight deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong understanding of BC Land Title Office registration requirements and experience with e-filing