A boutique family law firm with offices throughout the province is seeking a personable and proactive Legal Administrative Assistant to support its outstanding Vancouver team. This firm is progressive, innovative and anything but traditional! They are strong advocates of mental and physical well-being and they offer year-round activities that promote a balanced work-life.
If you want to build on your legal experience with an employer that has implemented forward-thinking policies that directly benefit your well-being, then apply today.
- Manage and maintain files and office library
- Correspondence with clients, court registries and opposing counsels
- Schedule various appointments (such as trials, hearings and discoveries), prepare necessary documentation
- Client relations and intake
- Prepare, file and serve court materials
- Manage calendars and BF system
- Basic accounting tasks and general administrative duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of recent BC family law experience
- An LAA certificate from a recognized institution is an asset
- Strong proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Divorcemate, PCLaw and Zoom
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to juggle competing priorities