We currently have a full-time position available for a HR Manager to join one of the Fraser Valley’s largest and most well-established law firms on a 12-18 month contract. As an integral part of the management team, this role will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be critical to the collaborative and collegial culture of the firm. The HR Manager will be responsible for overseeing and supporting daily HR functions, as well as providing personnel of the firm with advice and guidance on all HR related matters, and liaising with group leaders to effectively manage all staff.
You’ll enjoy a great environment, opportunities to further your career and all of this in a highly-accessible office location (directly adjacent to the Gateway SkyTrain station) with on-site fitness facility.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated HR professional who has experience in areas including but not limited to recruitment, selection, retention and performance evaluation. If you love a challenge and enjoy working in a collaborative environment then this could be the job for you!
- Supervision of support staff, implementing and enforcing staff policies, performance reviews
- Recruitment and onboarding, including preparation of job descriptions and postings, conducting interviews, preparation of offer letters, new hire benefit enrolment and training
- Maintain all employee records and files, including database management
- Review and approve payroll
- Address staff concerns, including spearheading employee recognition programs as well as involvement with other firm initiatives
- Liaising with lawyers to establish staffing needs, staff performance, training and other HR related functions
- Other duties as assigned by the COO
- 3+ years experience in a similar HR role
- HR experience in a professional service firm is an asset
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources
- CPHR designation is an asset but is not required
- Strong computer skills (MS Office applications)
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Keen attention to detail while managing high workloads
- Second-to-none communication skills