Tired of commuting downtown? Why not switch it up and head out to beautiful Burnaby for this 6-month temporary assignment with one of our fantastic clients!
As a part of the Finance department, this role is responsible for maintaining and ensuring payments are properly made from the Retiree Fund, as well as providing general accounting support.
The office is located in a very transit-friendly location near the Gilmore Skytrain, and they also offer free parking if you use your own vehicle.
- Maintain Retiree Fund database including entering payouts into system, and reviewing, verifying and updating information
- Receive and verify Retiree Fund applications, determine eligibility and communicate final decision with applicants
- Assist with resolving returned payments and payment inquiries
- Forward all payment information to upper management as soon as payment has been produced
- Assist with finance meetings including recording minutes and action items
- General accounting duties including preparing accounting and expense reports
- 2+ years of related accounting experience
- Diploma or certificate in Accounting, Payroll or related field
- Advanced knowledge of payroll/expense accounting procedures
- Solid experience with accounting software such as NetSuite
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Effective communication skills
- Great organizational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines